Homemade Lavender Diaper Wipes

$5

Although I do not use reusable cloth baby wipes, I do occasionally make homemade baby wipes. I had some leftover lavender essential oil from labor and bath soaks for post-baby, so I thought why not whip together some lavender baby wipes!
Plus, if you’ve ever purchased essential oils, you know a little goes a long way. These baby wipes are super simple to make. Honestly, I think the hardest part is tracking down the right container. I’m not going to lie, I used a jumbo sized Clorox disinfecting wipe container. I washed it thoroughly of courses, and allowed it to air out in the sun for a few days.
Ingredients/Supplies:
round plastic container
thick, strong roll of white paper towels
2 c. water–boil first, then let cool to room temperature
2 tbsp lavender castile soap
1 tbsp olive or baby oil
3 drops lavender essential oil
Directions:
Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a knife and remove the cardboard core.
Mix all liquid ingredients in the container and place the paper towels in the container with the cut-side down.
Secure the lid on top and let sit for 3 minutes. Turn the container upside-down and let sit for 10 minutes.
Dispense wipes by pulling from the center.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Sarah Jane Dunaway

• Sue Wilson Ford
    Sue Wilson Ford

Would Coconut Oil work?

• Keryth Vassar Belvin
      Keryth Vassar Belvin

You could make it just about any scent, right?

Could you use different ingredients and make disinfectant wipes?

• KD Redlowske
    KD Redlowske

How do you remove the cardboard tube when the last paper towel is usually glued to the tube?

• Annie
      Annie

silly rabbit! The tube slides out first when it gets wet. You are pouring the mixture over the towels.

• Garyland Thompson
    Garyland Thompson

That is what i use it for my grandkids since they were babies til now. Sometime shopping dont have toilet paper to stock up so i bring it in my big bag for my little ones.. Also other stuffs such as window cleaner container too... pine sol wipe in container too.. and etc. It actual work and make it easier for me...

• Joan Boulier
      Joan Boulier

I'd like to know more about your consol container. Can you clean everything with it. I am looking to have simple things to clean with since disabled.

• Mary Hise
    Mary Hise

I really like the idea that you know what you're putting on your children this way and not some big companies idea what chemical they think is okay