Monogrammed Pumpkin Door Decor for Fall

Have you considered a hanging sign for your front door instead of a wreath? I love making wreaths, but decided I wanted something a little different this year to decorate my front door for the fall season. I'm so glad I tried something new, because I love my new DIY monogrammed pumpkin door decor!
I wanted something that reminded me of fall for my front door, but something a little more stylish and less traditional than the usual fall wreaths you see on display. After some brainstorming, I decided a hanging pumpkin sign for my front door was the answer. So I made a trip to my local AC Moore & Crafts Store to grab some supplies and then it was time to get to work on this easy project.
I started out with a letter and a pumpkin cut out. I primed and painted the pumpkin with white spray paint. I then used a stencil and some orange chalk paint I had on hand to bring some color to my white pumpkin.
I spray painted my letter first with a coat of orange spray paint, then after it dried I did another coat with black spray paint. Once the letter was dry, I used some sandpaper to scruff it up a bit and stood back to admire my handiwork.I love the orange detail showing through the black, don't you?
I used my new favorite glue, gorilla glue, to adhere my monogrammed letter to the pumpkin and waited for it to dry. After adding some wire to the back with a staple gun, it was time to add some life to my front door and hang up my monogrammed pumpkin door decor.
Oh my goodness, just looking at this beautiful houndstooth pumpkin just makes me swoon. How about you? Visit Sparkles of Sunshine for more details!

Christie @ Sparkles of Sunshine

• Miriam I

What a cute front door you have!

• Hannah V

Aw I love the print! Your yellow door is SO fun and cheery :)