Antique Chest in Scandinavian Pink

I fell in love with this petite chest of drawers as soon as I saw it. It had already been (mostly) stripped down so it was a blank canvas. I'm not really a pink kind of girl but I had a vision for this cutie.
Before. The stripper was actually left on parts of this piece so I had to give it a good sanding before painting. I then sealed it with shellac to prevent any bleed through.
After. I used layers of Scandinavian Pink and Old White from AS to create this look. I love how the highlights give this piece a worn French feel.
The mirror was actually missing when I bought it. I decided to replace it with a homemade chalkboard instead. Details on my blog.
I added rusty cup pulls to ground all the pink.
It had a pretty oak top so I stained it dark and gave it a few coats of poly. There are a few more pics up on my blog. :)

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Judy Henderson Beckler
    Judy Henderson Beckler

HEY, sorry not good with a computer , how do I get to your blog? I'd like to read it. thanks
  • Kathy
    Kathy

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I just love the pink, i am doing this with pink and another dresser in gray. I just love it, stunning!!!!