Antique Chest in Scandinavian Pink

I fell in love with this petite chest of drawers as soon as I saw it. It had already been (mostly) stripped down so it was a blank canvas. I'm not really a pink kind of girl but I had a vision for this cutie.
Before. The stripper was actually left on parts of this piece so I had to give it a good sanding before painting. I then sealed it with shellac to prevent any bleed through.
After. I used layers of Scandinavian Pink and Old White from AS to create this look. I love how the highlights give this piece a worn French feel.
The mirror was actually missing when I bought it. I decided to replace it with a homemade chalkboard instead. Details on my blog.
I added rusty cup pulls to ground all the pink.
It had a pretty oak top so I stained it dark and gave it a few coats of poly. There are a few more pics up on my blog. :)

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Judy Henderson Beckler
    Judy Henderson Beckler

HEY, sorry not good with a computer , how do I get to your blog? I'd like to read it. thanks
  • Kathy
    Kathy

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I just love the pink, i am doing this with pink and another dresser in gray. I just love it, stunning!!!!