Project of the Day" Stair Remodel Part 2

$500.00
1 Month
Advanced

Yes, it's finally here, the stair remodel conclusion!
project of the day stair remodel part 2, flooring, hardwood floors, home improvement, stairs
Yes, it's finally here, the stair remodel conclusion! I know you're all jumping up and down for joy because I've finally gotten my act together and taken the pictures needed so I could show you the final product...
So to refresh your memory, since the last post on the stair remodel was March 23rd, the hubby and I have been in a major remodel since January 2015. We added hardwood floors into the living and dining room and I managed to convince him to add wood to the stairs as well. He agreed, however, he later took my name in vain several times. It was a bear to get those angled steps right...a big olde nasty grizzly bear.
So we have the before, which included carpet on the stairs and a half stripped railing that had been sitting in that state for 3 years.
Then we had the demolition state that seemed to go on forever too.
And in case you missed this one...Yes he used a chainsaw because he could... *shakes head*
Then we were left with the staining of the banister.
After several attempts, I finally got the color right so the hubby would be happy.
There was a lot of prep work that the hubby so willing did so I didn't have to. He's nice that way sometimes.
Then came my turn...for the top and lower straight stairs we were able to lay out the planks and I stained them and sealed them. It make it much easier to install as all we then had to do was cut to length and fill in some nail holes. Those angled steps that are unfinished in the picture above...those were the steps where the hubby took my name in vain. They were very difficult and tedious, but oh so worth it in the end.
And when it was all said and done, the stairs stained and the metal railings installed...it was so worth it. Just look at the pictures and see the proof yourself.
Job well done hubby, job well done.
Author Lisa L Wiedmeier