Cedar Planked Herrinbone Bathroom Wall

$60

I really love those accent walls that are made from olds skids however I do NOT love ripping them apart. So when I came across Cedar planks for closets I knew it would be perfect for the look I wanted.
I used Red Cedar tongue and groove planks (actually for closet liners) from CedarSafe. You can get them at Home Depot and Lowes.
I found the center of my wall and measured all my angles...and then measured again!
Made all my 45 degree angle cuts.
Nailed the planks to the wall into the studs using my handy dandy pneumatic nail gun.
Checked my progress. Made sure my lines were straight. Went back to work :)
Finished at the top of the wall and then moved down to the bottom. The tongue and groove allows you to go up or down or both. It was very easy and user friendly.
Viola!
Not only do I love how it looks, it's 100% natural cedar, protects against moths, silverfish, roaches and mildew. Oh and it smells amazing!!!!
If you would like to see this tutorial in more detail head on over to Always Never Done the blog.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Amy

• Bru5932533

What if there isn't a stud center of the wall ? is there another idea you could suggest.
  • Jessica W

This is gorgeous--you did a great job ob this wall!! I'm curious as to the total cost for this?? I live in a rental property & don't want to spend alot out of my pocket but also dont want to ultimately end up spending just as much on pest control; since in our lease pest control is the tenants responsibility diring the lease. IM IN LOVE with this DIY!!!! Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome 😊