DIY Metal Pipe Entertainment Center

$65.00

Do you have a husband who loves to build things like mine does? We went shopping one day for furniture to fill our new little cottage, but instead we just came home with ideas of what he could build. He immediately got busy with drawing up plans and writing a list of materials he would need to create a TV stand with storage and shelves for me to decorate.
I love the "modern farmhouse" look but we both really like a bit of the industrial looks as well so we thought a metal pipe TV stand would blend right in.
It all started with a 12″ x 12″ x 2″ wood plank cut in half. We wanted a 6′ stand. A hand planer was used to shave off the high spots.
Then some distressing took place. We didn’t want the wood to look brand new. We wanted an aged barn wood finish.
Once the wood was distressed, my husband used a dark walnut stain to complete the look.
Here's a close up!
He used 12 (12″) metal pipes to build the legs. This was a dry run here just to make sure they all screwed together nicely.
Then we checked out how the bottom shelf would look and where we should place the legs. He measured and drilled the holes for the piping to run through.
We brought it inside to let it dry for a couple of hours before moving it into it’s final destination.
Once the stand was moved into place, the fun really began! I searched around the house and in boxes we haven't unpacked yet for items to decorate the shelves.
First things first, I found a large basket to hide all those nasty wires!
We're still in the process of moving into our new home but we're making progress. I plan to paint a sign with the name of our home and place it above the alcove where the TV sits. "Oak Harbor Cottage" To see and read more about our new little cottage, I would love to have you stop by my blog for a visit!

Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Vintage Street Designs

• Darlyne

Where did you purchase the coffee cup rack? Love it

• Mum Vickery

That's the first thing I noticed too. Frees up cupboard space. : )

• Fre7453103

Great ideas, thank you so much. I've been agonizing over my linen closet doors which are crooked and pathetic. I thought of wallpapering them, but I love your idea of the curtains. I am redoing the entire 3rd floor of my condo in a beach theme, so this may feel right. Thanks again. BTW, love Annie Sloan Chalk paint. Great product.

• Ramona Whitten

I am interested in that coffee cup rack and small area. I have a tiny kitchen and I want to move the coffee area across the room so I have the counter space.