Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

Spring Is Just Around the Corner ~ Start Planning!

Spring is still a little over a month away but it is not too soon to start planning this year's garden. If you are like me, you head off to a nursery, fall in love with some wonderful plants, bring them home and then have to figure out where they should go in the garden. While being spontaneous is lots of fun, this year I am going to the nursery with some plant combinations already in mind, even though I
A sunny couple ~ Croscosmia "Lucifer" & Sedum "Vera Jameson"
Dry shade partners ~ Hosta "Sum & Substance, May Flower (groundcover) and Spurge
Sunshine friends ~ Echinacea "Burgundy Fireworks", Caryopteris "Little Miss Sunshine", and Ninebark "Coppertina"
Part Shade winners ~ oakleak hydrangea, hosta, feverfew, sundrops, iris, artemisia, astilbe, pansies and spiderwort
Everybody's favorite date ~ Plumbago goes with anything! Plus, it brings blue to your garden.
Wet soil combo ~ Iris ensata,, Ligularia, and Pickerel Rush
Show stoppers ~ Hot pink Lychnis, blue spruce and pink Fairy Roses
Tall & regal ~ Vitex and Bronze Fennel (a favorite of our finches!)
Barb Rosen

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

Well alone with my husband! Actually I overstated how much i take care of my mom she is still ambulatory and her mind is good...she lives with my father and my brother but there are many things she only trusts me to do...and I go out and clean their house once or twice a week as well as shopping for them, I take her to every appointment especially to chemo and keep track of all ofher labs etc. So taking care of her at this stage is less physical and much more Mental but not sure how long it will be in this somewhat easy state to take care of she is using a walker and not wheelchair bound and my brother takes care of most of the food prep there though my mom eats very little so I work hard on getting her to take the ensure and more vitamins etc calcium b12 esp as this has metastacized to her bone. Sorry not sure I'm supposed to use hometalk for this venue...but I guess it does carry along because I"m going to have to start taking care of her extensive garden beds in addition to mine, so that will be coming up--this week when she is gone I'm taking a nice mental break...which seems to be my biggest battle. Thank you @Barb Rosen for all your encouragement and support...I think I should not pour more of this on the hometalk forum after this so maybe others can private message me if they want to continue the discussion but Kind of doubt that is needed and others are thinking in their head what you have been writing to kindly.

• Barb Rosen

@Tanya Peterson Felsheim , my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family. Having taken care of our loved ones, I know how exhausting it can be. When you are with them it is hard and harder still when you aren't and worrying about them. If you need to talk, I am available - you can write me through Facebook.