Brittany | Sarah | Sam
Brittany | Sarah | Sam
  • Riverside, CA

How-To: Recolor Grout, WITHOUT Re-grouting!

$10
2-3 Hours

One of the worst things about white grout is that over time, like most white things, it begins to yellow due to dirt and grime. To create a fresh bathroom look, contrast stark white / light tiles with dark grout. STOP, do not spend your time re-grouting. Instead, use this quick tutorial to RECOLOR your grout for an easy (cheap) and updated look.
how to recolor grout without re grouting, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, tiling
Before, the white grout made the room look yellowed and dirty. After, the contrast speaks to modern, defined lines and cleanliness.
There are only a few materials necessary for this DIY project. The most important is Grout Renew, this is what gets you the color you're going for. Other helpful materials are: a soft bristle tooth brush, an old rag/wash cloth.
This is a section of the tile and grout before cleaning and recoloring.
Step 1: Clean the grout and tile thoroughly. Use the tooth brush to get into all the grooves.
Step 2: Apply a small amount of Grout Renew to the center of each grout joint. Use the tooth brush in a back and forth motion to spread the substance all over.
Step 3: Wipe off the excess residue, if you do get some of the tile, use the wash cloth to scrub it off. Allow to dry for 24 hours and Viola!! A brand new updated look for $10 and a couple hours of your time!
Brittany | Sarah | Sam

• Purtty123

Where did you buy this product?

• Dfm

I got mine from a tile place, there are also grout “pens” to ad color and seal the grout.

• Janet Dulin

Will this product work on grout that was sealed 40 years ago?

• Purtty123

I re grouted my floor with pre-mixed grout the grout was supposed to have sealant in it. It felt so rough like sand so I purchased a can of sealant to spray on the regrouting I did. Do you know how to remove the overspray of the sealant from the floor. Thank you