How-To: Recolor Grout, WITHOUT Re-grouting!

$10
2-3 Hours

One of the worst things about white grout is that over time, like most white things, it begins to yellow due to dirt and grime. To create a fresh bathroom look, contrast stark white / light tiles with dark grout. STOP, do not spend your time re-grouting. Instead, use this quick tutorial to RECOLOR your grout for an easy (cheap) and updated look.
Before, the white grout made the room look yellowed and dirty. After, the contrast speaks to modern, defined lines and cleanliness.
There are only a few materials necessary for this DIY project. The most important is Grout Renew, this is what gets you the color you're going for. Other helpful materials are: a soft bristle tooth brush, an old rag/wash cloth.
This is a section of the tile and grout before cleaning and recoloring.
Step 1: Clean the grout and tile thoroughly. Use the tooth brush to get into all the grooves.
Step 2: Apply a small amount of Grout Renew to the center of each grout joint. Use the tooth brush in a back and forth motion to spread the substance all over.
Step 3: Wipe off the excess residue, if you do get some of the tile, use the wash cloth to scrub it off. Allow to dry for 24 hours and Viola!! A brand new updated look for $10 and a couple hours of your time!

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Brittany | Sarah | Sam

• Dmm9998675

Will that work on glass block windows?

• Purtty123

Where did you buy this product?

• Dfm

I got mine from a tile place, there are also grout “pens” to ad color and seal the grout.

• Janet Dulin

Will this product work on grout that was sealed 40 years ago?

• Purtty123

I re grouted my floor with pre-mixed grout the grout was supposed to have sealant in it. It felt so rough like sand so I purchased a can of sealant to spray on the regrouting I did. Do you know how to remove the overspray of the sealant from the floor. Thank you

• Lisa S

Is this diy recommenced for a shower area? If so, any different steps?

thanks, inspired!

• Diane

Worked great on my floor
  • Michael

It looks awesome and it really changed the whole look of the floor. My friends will be really amazed when they see how well it worked out for me and I'm sure most of them will rush to try it out. Thanks for the great tip it saved me from having to re-grout the whole tile floor even if it did take a lot of time to get done.