Hydrangea Harvest Mantel

$0

Thirty plus other bloggers and I joined together to share a last week. I contributed my natural hydrangea harvest mantel to the offering.
HYDRANGEA HARVEST MANTEL
SEPTEMBER 21, 2015 BY MADINCRAFTS 51 COMMENTS
Hydrangea Harvest Mantel
Today marks the first day of a Fall Idea Tour. Thirty-two bloggers will be sharing our mantels, tablescapes, wreaths, and crafts over the next four days. I am contributing my fall mantel, which I am calling my Hydrangea Harvest mantel because I am super creative like that. Be sure to check out the other fall ideas linked down at the end of the post too.
Dried Limelight Hydrangeas
I spent exactly zero dollars on my Fall mantel this year. My parents have large limelight hydrangea bushes that produce tons of blooms each year. After visiting one day, I asked permission to clip some for our mantel.
I added a few ceramic pumpkins to the mix, which may or may not be replaced with real mini boo pumpkins in October.
HYDRANGEA HARVEST MANTEL
Hydrangea Harvest Mantel
Dried Limelight Hydrangeas
I spent exactly zero dollars on my Fall mantel this year. My parents have large limelight hydrangea bushes that produce tons of blooms each year. After visiting one day, I asked permission to clip some for our mantel. I filled a bin with hydrangea clippings, and their bushes were still full of blooms even after I was done. I pulled out a variety of mason jars and vases and added a small bit of water to each of them. I arranged the flowers on the mantel, and as the water evaporates, the flowers will dry just as they are. I preserved some of our own hydrangeas this way, and they still look beautiful a year later.
harvest chalkboard
The hydrangeas frame my fall themed chalkboard art. I spent an hour one afternoon creating this plaid sign with colored chalk and a yard stick. I erased a section in the middle of the plaid and added the word “harvest.”
I like being able to mix my vintage blue Ball jars in with newer regular and heritage jars. The greens and blues work very well in our living room.
This is the first time I have used so many natural elements in a mantel set-up. What do you think?

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Jessica Hill