Stylish Toy Storage Ideas

I think most parents of young children struggle with maintaining a sense of style in their homes while still keeping it kid-friendly, myself included. I have three young children who are rough on everything and keeping our house presentable is a constant battle.
One thing I often remind myself of when it comes to raising kids is that most challenges are just a phase. You aren’t always going to have a train table in the middle of your dining room, baby gates blocking the stairs, and Legos strewn all over the floor.
While our dining room now looks like this…
there was a period in time when it looked like this…
Keep in mind, our triplets were toddlers at that time! In the grand scheme of things, though, it no longer matters that our house looked like that for a few years. It wasn’t the prettiest of spaces, but our kids were happy, safe and had fun. And that’s all that really matters, right?
While there will be an unavoidable period where areas in your home might look like that, there are a few tricks you can employ to keep your whole house from looking like you live in a preschool.
I think it’s important to keep kids’ toys accessible so that they can easily get them out AND especially put them away themselves. Here are several ideas to keep your kids’ toys accessible without sacrificing style.
One of my favorite places to conceal the kids’ stuff is in furniture pieces that double as storage. Some of the best pieces of storage furniture are ottomans.
Not only is this little cube ottoman great as an extra seat or a place to put your feet up, but it also has tons of room to store toys or books.
I’m also a huge fan of furniture that has lots of drawers to hide the kids’ stuff in.
One may think our dining room buffet is used to store dishes and table linens, but it’s actually stuffed full of toys and art supplies.
Pretty baskets are another great way to conceal toys.
We use our living room coffee table to play board games and do puzzles, so naturally we keep all of those things in the baskets underneath.
While the basket on our console table may look like it just holds a pillow and a blanket, it actually is full of toys. I think it’s a fun challenge to try and find ways to disguise our toy storage.
Of course our kids keep most of their toys in their rooms, but these are a few of the ways I keep some of their toys accessible throughout the rest of our home. As you can see, toy storage doesn’t have to be ugly or brightly colored plastic!
Be sure to visit the blog to see more ways we stylishly store our kids' toys!

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Meadow Lake Road

• Banjojane66
    Banjojane66

And.....when the kids aren't home...you can play cars with them...yourself!!! Love the great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Natasha Alvarez-Lopez
    Natasha Alvarez-Lopez

I love your ideas! I can't wait for the weekend to get on this project now. I have so many collapsible cloth home design bins and other things I can use that will mesh well in my living room and one would never know they are full of toys. Thanx for sharing!