Asked on Sep 29, 2015

How to find manufacture date for Drexel furniture?

CassKatherine MaloneVintage Restorations.....Formerly Closet Furniture
+21

I have purchased several pieces of Drexel and Drexel Heritage furniture recently. I'm have the serial number. I have also tried contacting Drexel via phone and email. I'm have not received any response. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I didn't get a chance to look at the back of this.
It is marked Drexel American Traditional
It is marked Drexel heritage grand villa

If you know of a trust worthy antique dealer I would contact them.

• Z

Though they don't appear old, I agree that your best bet is going to be an antique dealer. They have to know what's newer, as well as old, in their business.

• Laura DeYoung

Try re-sale charity shops for non-profit organizations...you'd be surprised what is donated! Oftentimes, if you let the store know what you are looking for, they will alert you if the item you're interested in becomes available. I bought a whole set of Drexel dining room furniture (Heritage) that way, for a very good price! Good luck!

• Z

I just found another source that may be of some help to you too. http://www.furnituredetective.com/

• Eileen Silvers

Have you gone online and tried to find a Drexel Furniture Store near you or in your state? If there is a model or ID # on your furniture,which there should be a tag somewhere or stamped on the piece. You could find out just by asking them. Even if there is no store in your area there should be a corporate office somewhere and hopefully they could answer your questions or give you a number to call so you can speak to someone who has the info.

• Suzette Trimmer

When I find myself in this spot I contact an expert well known to this site, Mr. Alan Korb, from, Belmont, New Hampshire. He is great at identifying many older great pieces of antique furniture. He always gets back with the spot on answer. Best of Luck to you.

• Looks seventies, Eileen is correct only the factory could give you specifics with #'s off the back or maybe a drawer....Finish looks antiqued, that's why i say seventies

• Stephanie Schultz

I am sure you are correct. I know none of them are antiques. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. Thanks for the input.

• Katherine Malone

What does 682 747 985 34 mean about Drexel Grand Villa Bombay Desk

• Cass

I know this is many years old now, but the first picture is of a Drexel Esperanto - 1967-68.