Faux Wood Wall

I need to cover the wall. The bathroom is small and my son drenches the wall. After much pondering, I came up with the finished wall.
faux wood wall, bathroom ideas, diy, wall decor
Before I started.
Materials I used to glue vinyl strips to the wall.
I put the glue on the wall and I would apply the panel to it. After pressing the panel, I would use the tennis ball to press more and to remove the air bubbles.
They were very easy to cut with an x-acto knife. I made sure to alternate each row.
Closer shot.
It turned out better than I expected. Love when that happens. Still working on the space but I like how its turning out.

• Gmf11973546

Did you have to prep the wall in any way?

• Pat2195823

Hi! I didn’t prep the wall. The wall was painted with a flat finish paint so I felt it would be ok. Now a satin,semi-gloss, or gloss finish might be a different story. If it had been one of those, I would have sanded it lightly.

Good luck if you decide to try!

• Gre28333968

What if the wall has wall paper on it.

• Virginia Morales

Cost? Are the tiles expensive? Are they floor tiles? Are they prepasted?

• Pat2195823

Hi

The planks are vinyl floor tiles. They have an adhesive on the back but it isnt strong enough to hold the plank on the wall. I used the glue shown in the picture to stick them on. If I remember correctly, the cost was $60 a box and you can also open the box and just take a few out and purchase those instead of the entire box, if you want to test first. I purchased the planks at Lowes and it did not have a brand name on it so I think its so sort of store label product.

Good luck!