White Twin Bed Headboard Bench

I'm pretty much known as the headboard bench queen around these parts. A bench was one of my very first repurposes, and I still continue to make them when I get the chance.
This sweet bench was made from free bunk bed parts. Free is the best kind, right?
If you don't have a twin bed, ask around or post on your facebook page. Chances are, one of your family members or friends probably has one in their storage area that they would happily pass on to you. I rarely pay money for my beds, when I do, I have a $5 limit.
Here is the basic construction for any headboard bench. This one happens to be armless, as I used the parts of the foot board for the front brace and front legs.
I added a scrap 2x4 brace in the middle for strength and some lower side rails for the bottom shelf. All of the construction was done with Kreg Jig pocket holes.
I used 1x's for the seat and the shelf. I stained them with dark walnut and attached them with my nail gun.
You can see all the details about how I finished the bench over on the blog - My Repurposed Life.
Have you ever made a bench? When you check out the blog post, you can see a gallery of all of my benches.

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Gail--My Repurposed Life