White Twin Bed Headboard Bench

I'm pretty much known as the headboard bench queen around these parts. A bench was one of my very first repurposes, and I still continue to make them when I get the chance.
This sweet bench was made from free bunk bed parts. Free is the best kind, right?
If you don't have a twin bed, ask around or post on your facebook page. Chances are, one of your family members or friends probably has one in their storage area that they would happily pass on to you. I rarely pay money for my beds, when I do, I have a $5 limit.
Here is the basic construction for any headboard bench. This one happens to be armless, as I used the parts of the foot board for the front brace and front legs.
I added a scrap 2x4 brace in the middle for strength and some lower side rails for the bottom shelf. All of the construction was done with Kreg Jig pocket holes.
I used 1x's for the seat and the shelf. I stained them with dark walnut and attached them with my nail gun.
You can see all the details about how I finished the bench over on the blog - My Repurposed Life.
Have you ever made a bench? When you check out the blog post, you can see a gallery of all of my benches.

Gail--My Repurposed Life