Kids Chore Chart System With Popsicle Sticks

After noticing that my quick thrown together cup and popsicle stick chore chart system was my girls' favorite, I decided to make a more permanent system for the home. The popsicle sticks allow for easy chore rotations and edits, so you can add or remove chores anytime you wish.
One of the first steps was to purchase some metal sheeting and snip it to size to fit in a photo frame. I'm using an 8" x 10" frame for my project.
You need mason jelly jars and the 8 oz size works as a great fit for the popsicle sticks. I like the quilted and wide mouth jars. I also chose to keep the lid wrap (not the flat airlid) on the jar.
Use jumbo craft sticks and spray paint them with your favorite color. I really liked the idea of doing a black and silver theme, so shose metallic silver spray paint. Coat each side as needed, mine took two coats.
Use your favorite electronic cutting machine (or whatever you prefer - I used a Cricut), to design and cut vinyl letter for the names. The first letter here is 1.75" tall and the lowercase letters are about 1.25". You'll need to use transfer paper to move the vinyl letters onto the metal sheeting.
Next, decide your chores and again use a vinyl cutting machine or hand lettering to create the chore sticks. These were created to be about 0.75" tall, and again I used vinyl transfer paper to move them onto the popsicle sticks. This was a time intensive step since the letters didn't always want to stick onto the sprayed wood stick, but with some help of tweezers, I got it done.
I also added 'To Do' and 'Done' lettering to the mason jars. To encourage my girls to do all their chores I place a dollar in their jar, if they get all the sticks out, they earn the dollar!

Kimberly

• Jac2689723

One daughter would put the stick into the other daughter's jar - I know it!

• Jac2689723