How To Clean a Microfiber Couch - Quick & Easy!

$3

If you have a microfiber couch you know one of the best things is how easy it is to clean! Unfortunately though, water mark stains are tougher than expected to remove (and they can come from all sorts of things - babies, dogs, spills...you name it). Water marks don't have to stay around forever though, Sarah from www.diyjustcuz.com shares how she removes these pesky stains for good.
Check out the difference, it's like a brand new couch.
What was once dirty and questionable now looks clean and perfect!
SUPPLIES: White cloth, rubbing alcohol, spray bottle, baby wipes, hard bristle/scrubbing brush, hair dryer (optional).
Poor rubbing alcohol in the spray bottle and dampen the fabric. Scrub the couch with the wash cloth and scrubbing brush. This helps remove the dirt stains but not the water stains.
Finally, to remove every last ounce of dirt and water, use the magic tool...BABY WIPES. Completely scrub and soak the couches with the baby wipes and before you know it, all the water stains will completely vanish! It's that simple.
REMEMBER: Rubbing alcohol for dirt, wipes for water stains!

Brittany | Sarah | Sam

• Louise

how 2 clean sofa?

• Debra C. Rollins

I have two sofas covered in "dry clean only" fabric. No commercial service will shampoo them. I can spot clean but they need an all-over bath. Suggestions??

• BonBon

Not trying to sound like a smartie pants but just do an all over spot clean. Make your spot clean the size of area that needs cleaning. Good luck.

• Rer10999981

will sweat stains come out of fabric?

• Jacquelyne May

There are many different brands and type of baby wipes. Which type do you recommend?
  • Ann

Would this work on car seats, my son just bought a used car and the seats look
    like they have water stains like someone tried to clean them
  • Har20739576

remove cough flime from sofa
  • Melanie Walker-Robertson

I have 3 children and I swear by microfiber. My children have done everything on our couches. Even Sharpie! Omg.... permanent marker on my couch. Best thing I have found and leaves no water marks and takes them away. Hand sanitizer and a white cloth. Not much scrubbing involved either. Squirt on some hand sanitizer. Let it sit a few minutes and white away. When it dries. You will never know anything was ever there.
  • Carol Harris

will this work on chenille fabric? I saw a video of someone cleaning a couch with alcohol and I thought water, it might have been your video. I have a small dog that sleeps on my couch some, and only have a couple of spots, just wondering if this would work. Thank you
  • Erin Fury McRoberts

Has anyone had to remove baby oil from a microfiber sofa?? I need HELP! :(
    • Andrea

Have you tried some Dawn and water? Great oil remover.

• Andrea Nagy

Not sure if it will work but I've used baby powder or baking soda on my clothes that got an oily stain from salad dressing. I put it on and let it sit for a bit. Then wipe off with clean dry cloth. May have to apply a few times

• Cindy A Gill

I successfully removed motor oil from microfiber/velvet car seats with those Mr. Clean sponges.

• Sally-Charles Evans

My daughter-in-law always used Windex and a cloth or brush. Her couch always looked great and she had 3 children under 5 and 2 babies she sat for.

• Anne Zellner Pettijohn

Start out covering the oily stain with plain corn starch (the kind our mom’s used for making gravy). Rub it in with your fingers. When it starts “collecting” the oil and getting thick, brush it off and start again with a new batch of corn starch. Use your fingernails or a brush to get it all the oil. When the oil is gone, you may or may not need to do an alcohol/baby wipes cleaning. Corn starch is ah-maz-ing!!!

• Linda

Is this pet friendly as the dog licks the couch!

• Ruth St-Onge Isaac

If it isn’t I would just use a Norwex enviro cloth damp and it does a great job without concerns of safety for pets.

• Mar

What kind of baby wipes, please?

• Dee

What to do for stains in the couch?

• Kim

Rubbing alcohol will take stains out of a microfiber couch, even ball-point pen ink!

• Fra30842239

Do you add water to the alcohol

• Dana

No she uses just alcohol for that, to remove water stains she used baby wipes.

• Lisas Rexstar

I have a beautiful, old WHITE brocade sofa. Do you know whether the alcohol will get teenaged boy & cat dirt out? I'm going to try it on a spot that won't show. Just wonder if you have any info.

• Sandy

My friend used vinegar on mine after I gave her the set. It came out brand new. Vinegar in a spray bottle and a scrubby brush.

• Gkd33276300

How big are these pumpkins? I can’t see the house so I have no point of reference, They look awesome!

• Dana

I don’t see any pumpkins in these sofa pictures....

• LNIX

Not sure what my sofa is covered with. I have washed the cushion covers in the washing machine on cold with some success. Should I try the alcohol/baby wipes on the fixed arms?

• Kelly Peterson

Will this work on a non microfiber couch( polyester)? I spilled some coconut oil and have not managed to remove it?

• Kimberly Marschall

Trying on my beige micro fabric chaise right now.....would be better with good ventilation but it is cold in Winnipeg! I am trying it on cat drool, but I'm finding my baby wipes aren't overly wet so I'm using 2 at a time. I think I need to be patient and let it dry cause I'm driving myself crazy right now.

• Michelle

This does work! Might have to do again but so easy that's not a problem. Thanks!