Boho Fairy Lights...

$15

Use a set of LED lights to create your own sweet boho fairy lights!... you can use cool or warm lights, coloured lights... different colours of ribbons, laces, fabrics... really whatever floats your boat!...
I chose a warm white indoor string of LED lights... if you want to use these outdoors on your porch or patio be sure to pickup an outdoor string of lights...
I used creams and whites and yellows for my light string...
Cut your ribbons/fabric strips/laces/yarn at various lengths and using a half knot or larks head knots to attach them to the light string...
...here is a larks head knot attached ribbon that gives you two tails!...
Work up and down your light string until you've completely filled the wire with you various fabrics/ribbons/toile/laces/fabric strips...
Cut them at various lengths or cut them all at the same length!... the end look is up to you!...
I also made some yarn tassels to hang off of my light string... I looped yarn around my hand about sixty times...
...remove the yarn loop and take a piece of string and tie the loop together at one end... leave the tails of this knot as you will use these tails to attach your tassel to your light string...
Tie a second piece of yarn around the top third of the loop, smushing the yarn all together and creating a bobble at the top...
Snip open the bottom of the loops and you've released your tassel ends!...
Again you can trim the ends even or unevenly - whatever you like... I went with the uneven look to add to the boho feel of my lighstring
Here is my finished string lit up in my kitchen in front of my chalkboard wall!... :)
LED lights stay cool but like any lit decoration be sure not to leave them unattended for long periods of time.
Here is a shot of a set that I made for a girlfriend that she's hung over her sweet upholstered headboard :)

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Feathering My Nest - Lacey Haskell

• Porland1624
    Porland1624

I love it,did you know were I can buy a bag of scrap to do this

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg
      Jessica Serrano-Gregg

Etsy is the best place I’ve found to purchase fabric remnants. I did this using recycled silk sari ribbon remnants I purchased on Etsy. I bought two bags, 4oz. Each and that was more than enough plus nothing says boho than silk star ribbon! You get a really nice selection of random colors and sizes. Total cost was 12.00 for both bags! Very worth it!

• Debbie
    Debbie

How do you hide the electric cord or can you find battery operated string lights

• Paola Hendrikse
      Paola Hendrikse

Wrap the cord with bias binding or lace and as you wrap incorporate some more of the trimming, this will tie the look together.

• Sue Brushafer
    Sue Brushafer

Any suggestions to do this for Christmas?
    • Tilly Katz
      Tilly Katz

I would use soft lights, mix some burgundy with natural cheese cloth,with Berry sprays, cinnamon sticks, and holly. Can't wait to decorate in guest room. Will keep it up throughout the winter season.