Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Lithodora: Evergreen and Electric Blue Radiance

So many of you enjoyed my post about Candytuft, that I'm sharing another plant recommendation for your gardens: Lithodora. I had never heard of Lithodora before we moved here to our furrever home, and in fact when I first saw it at a garden nursery assumed it was the annual flower Lobelia. I was told by the nursery that Lithodora can handle our hot and humid southern New Jersey Shore Summers, that it will
These photos were taken in mid-April 2012, here in southern New Jersey. The electric blue is a welcome jolt of Spring color in my front garden!
A baby Monarch butterfly kept me company while I was planting a new patch of Lithodora. I love having butterflies around all Spring, Summer and early Fall enjoying our flowers!
This is what a typical Lithodora plant will look like at the nursery. You can read lots of specifics about this plant in my blog post.
Laura, Pet Scribbles

• Grandmasue10

Suzy, was the white plant featured previously a Lithodora, also?

• Laura, Pet Scribbles

@Grandmasue10 Not sure if you're asking me? The white flowering evergreen plant I previously had shared in my Hometalk profile is called Candytuft. I hope that helps! :)

• Grandmasue10

This is what gardeners love. There are little miracles going on. Good for you and good for that plant!

• Lisa House

Going to ask my nursery to get this for me.