This Chandelier Is For The Birds

$25.24

A couple of years ago I purchased two ornate 6- light wrought iron chandeliers at auction sans wiring. The price was fantastic- $20.00 each. I gave one to a friend for a housewarming gift, and the other one I have kept at the shop in "don't put a price tag on that one, I might keep it" mode. Enter design and DIY inspiration, a six pack of mini terracotta planters from Hobby Lobby, a power drill, and one package of bird seed and a chandelier bird feeder is born.
I found a six pack of mini terracotta planters at Hobby Lobby. The small drainage hole in the bottom of each planter was the right idea but not large enough to fit the bolt. Dave the Builder carefully drilled larger holes to accommodate.
We both agreed it would be better to leave the terracotta pots in their original finish vs. painting to eliminate any potential harm to the birds. The modified pots fit perfectly into the candle cups, and we folded the leaves around the pots to further securing them.
You could have heard Dave the Builder all the way to Canada this morning when we had a hungry guest for breakfast.
Total Costs: Wrought Iron Chandelier: $20.00 6pk. Terracotta Mini Planters: $1.24 Bird seed: $4.00 Birdwatching enjoyment: Priceless
Drill, baby, drill
Hanging out waiting for feathered friends
Hungry visitors!

Darleen L~ Places In The Home

• Angela Herremans

Wow I love it :-) you have done a wonderful job :-) will have to keep an eye out for one myself if not I will have full pulling out my welder and get some welding practice in and make one :-) thanks for the great idea :-)

• Lisa

So cute, I have seen many different uses for unused chandeliers, but this idea is so ingenious...Lucky birds!