Use Vinegar as a Household Deodorizer

I have a book of old farmers almanac type of cleaning tips and homemade cleaning solutions. One of those tips advised to let a bowl of vinegar sit out overnight to absorb unwanted household odors, like food smells, paint fumes, cigarette smoke... After doing some touch up painting I decided to give it a try...
Set out a bowl of vinegar over night to absorb unwanted odors from cooking, painting, cigarette smoke...
Use vinegar to freshen stinky towels and clothes. Just add it in the fabric softener dispenser and the vinegar will deodorize, and soften your laundry.
Vinegar helps deodorize and disinfect the garbage disposal, too. My favorite way to do this is to freeze the vinegar and lemon in ice cube trays and pop them in the disposal when it needs freshening.
And as much as we love our cat, sometimes he "misses" the litter box. Combine 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water in a spray bottle and spray the floor with the mixture to absorb the urine smell. I let it sit for a while before mopping.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

• Jan

I soak fresh chicken in vinegar prior to cooking .. results in moist tender chicken !

• Marica

You can paint a permanent air ionization system on the walls of your home or office, just add the ionic paint additive to the paint, turns the walls into an air purification system. Your home will be free of toxins, pet, smoking, cooking odors; one treatment will remain effective as long as the paint on the wall surface is intact. www.ionicpaint.com

• Marica

Did not mean to confuse anyone, you add the ionic paint additive to the paint prior to painting. Visit their website www.ionicpaint.com