A Dramatic Basement Makeover: The Reveal!

Once upon a time, our basement was a brown, half sports themed, half little kid zone...Until one day, the kids got a little bigger, and their toys could all happily be stored in a basement closet. This opened up a new world of possibilities, where we could have one big, harmonious family space to hang out together. Board games, arcade, darts, drawing, reading...it could all be done in this room! My husband was all for it, and gave his blessing to take down the sports stuff and "work my magic." I got to painting and salvaging old stuff to work on a budget...and a fun, playful family hangout space was born!
That was then, this is now...
Then:
And now:
We added that chalkboard because I really wanted to brighten up the existing dark wall that had one in the old space:
...and add a fun plank wall with quirky letters instead!
It's now such a bright, happy place to be - we already hang out here SO much more as a family (I rarely went down here when it was dark and gloomy). What more could you ask for of a room?!

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Naptime Decorator