DIY Entryway Mudroom

281K Views
For years and years, even before my husband and I owned our home, I have dreamed of having a mudroom in our entry. When we bought our first house 2 years ago that dream finally became a reality. We scoured Pinterest for inspiration and picked apart different ideas to create our own custom design.
Difficulty: Advanced
  • diy entryway mudroom, diy, foyer, organizing, storage ideas, woodworking projects
We started with this blank space right when you enter our home. I made a rough sketch of my vision on the wall with chalk.
We ripped up the baseboard and built a frame for the cubbies out of plywood.
The bottom shelf and top support boards for the bench seat were added next.
Next came the framing for top, bottom, sides and front of the cubby dividers.
We popped a piece of plywood on top for the bench seat and were ready to secure it to the wall.
I wanted to add some character to the wall above the bench, so we added a board and batten treatment with beadboard in between.
The top of the board and batten was finished with a flat board and some decorative trim.
I filled all of the nail holes with wood putty, sanded the heck out everything and then painted the board and batten and the cubbies white. We stained the top but I don't have a picture of that process.
The last step was to add the hooks and accessories- my favorite part!
Fore more details and product sources, check out the full post on my blog! http://www.littleredbrickhouse.com

Suggested materials for this project:

Sarah Cook