The Redesign Habit
The Redesign Habit
  • San Diego, CA

Fun Halloween Decor - Pumpkin Bats

$2.00

This little craft project is a great way to add some whimsy to your holiday decor! The cost is very little. These little artificial pumpkins were .99 apiece. The time to complete the project is also small, about an hour total!
Before pumpkins
Before pumpkins
The first step is to paint your pumpkins black. I used a flat black acrylic paint I had on hand. Allow them to dry thoroughly.
Pumpkins painted black
Pumpkins painted black
While your pumpkins are drying, go ahead and cut out your bat wings. I cut mine out of black poster board. You could use any color of poster board you have on hand, just paint the wings black when you are done cutting them out.
Poster board bat wings
Poster board bat wings
Once your pumpkins and wings are dry, add the eyes to the body and glue on the bat wings. You can either use stick-on google eyes or if you want you could just paint the eyes on.
Completed pumpkin bats!
Completed pumpkin bats!
You can also use real miniature pumpkins for this project but be sure and poke holes in the bottom so the pumpkin can dry out and won[t mold as quickly. I like to use the artificial pumpkins because that way you will have them to use next year too!
Pumpkin bats nestled in with other pumpkins
They look really cute nestled in with your other pumpkins and fall goodies or you could nestle them in some fake cobwebs on a mantle for another cute application!
The Redesign Habit

• Patty

So cute!

• Gale

These are adorable! And I thought I had done every preschool craft there was, but I had never made these! Great job and cute idea!