Dollar Store Hack: Laundry Basket Into Wreath Makers

$0.01

Forget about wreath forms and fancy supplies... This dollar store hack will enable you to make wreaths lightning fast, with just botanical clippings and natural jute twine.
We are going to transform a dollar store laundry basket into 2 wreath makers, which can be used again and again!
This 16" dollar store basket is cut in half, to become something so useful and delightful!
Start with treasures gathered from the garden: herbs, flowers, tree branches...
Use branches that are sturdy but still pliable for the bottom layer, altering the starting points as you go, and keep layering with thinner cuttings till you reach a thick enough bundle!
Find 8 to 10 equally spaced points around the circle, tie each piece around all layers of the wreath with jute twine.
Tuck in a few bright colored flowers for some attractive finishing touches. I used Marigolds and Limoniums here, both will dry really pretty too!
You can make kitchen herb wreaths with the same method. Because the basket is tapered, we got wreath makers in two sizes. The basket holds the shape, and the openings make it easy to tie knots, etc.
Now you can make all the wreaths for home and for gifts! Click HERE to see the full tutorial for more details on herb wreaths plus 5 helpful tips on making the best wreaths ever!
Want more wreaths? Here's another Dollar Store hack wreath! Check out this article with a fun video tutorial I made HERE !
Can't get enough wreaths? Check out these 30 creative DIY wreaths at the link below!

APieceofRainbow

• Jane Brown

I am interested in an herb wreath as a gift. Would you go as far as Italian herbs for Italian sauces . What would you pair rosemary with? I thought this would be great gifts for the chef's in the family.

• Tammi

I like this. Great idea. I will most definitely try making one or some. Thanks for sharing.