New Life For An Old Wooden Tractor Wagon

I stumbled on an old chest at a barn sale that I instantly fell in love with. When I returned the next day to pick up my chest, the seller asked me to take a look at something he knew I would like as I had expressed my love for barnwood at the sale.
He walked me over to a semi trailer and literally crawled underneath to show me these beautiful pieces to an old farm tractor wagon. I had to have them. We made a deal and dug them out.
After a few hours of scrubbing and scraping, they were ready to become something new. A few ideas were running through my head but I still didn't know exactly what to do with them until a friend came up with a spectacular idea.
I had been searching high and low for a new bed frame for years but never really fell in love with anything.
After a lot of planning I started building my new platform bed. I constructed the frame but I knew I was going to need more wood for the platform.
Thankfully, a friends cousin owned an old barn right down the road. She let me dig through a pile of barn wood that matched the wagon sides perfectly.
A few cuts later and after wrestling with lots of rusty nuts and bolts, this is what I came up with.
All the pieces were deconstructed and taken inside to be reconstructed. A support was added to the inside of the frame.
A new quilt gave my new platform bed the final touch. I couldn't have imagined this turning out any better!

Issaac @ Practicing ImPerfection