Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

A Trip Down Memory Lane ~ My Former Garden

Today I'm taking you with me on a trip down memory lane to my former garden. Our brick split-level sat on a seventy-five by one hundred foot lot in a development established in the 1950s and looked pretty much like all the other homes around us. Over the course of thirteen years, using landscaping , paint and accents, we transformed this cookie-cutter house into a country cottage home. This tiny garden was a joy to me, open to our friends and neighbors and was even featured on several garden tours. But time marches on. All those steps inside and outside and the sloped front yard made this a home we realized we could not grow old in. Five years ago, we began making a new garden and an older ranch home our own.
But , once in a while, I have to look back and remember that lovely little garden which I'll always carry in my heart.
Read about the process and see more pictures at http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/a-trip-down-memory-lane-my-former-garden/ also http://pinterest.com/barbrosen/my-former-garden/
a birdhouse ladder with bearded iris
a birdhouse ladder with bearded iris
faucet handle flowers on copper tubing stems
rusty wheelbarrow planting by the arbor swing
Bluestone patio and birdhouses hung on vintage rakes
a shady nook by the bubbling vase fountain
the back fence garden in bloom
the back fence garden in bloom
Barb Rosen

• Miriam I

It must have been so hard to leave. I hope the new owners knew how to take care of it like you did. The pictures you have are beautiful. Do you ever drive by to see what it looks like now?

• Barb Rosen

@ , our gardens sold the house too, but, ironically, to folks who knew very little about gardening. I went and helped them on quite a few occasions but it was a chore and not a passion for them. @Miriam I , yes, we have driven by, and it is still pretty but not what it once was. A lawn care group does minimal care on it now. But I have pictures and can remember it in its glory!