Creating An Eclectic Wall Plate Arrangement

How I Created My Eclectic Plate Arrangement
Choose a color scheme: If you want to create a plate arrangement like mine, start with your color scheme. Maybe you already have a vintage plate collection to use, but for me I just started my collection off of newer plates and ones I had in my stash. I decided on white, aqua blue, cobalt blue, and soft green.
Have fun choosing the colors that you want for your plate display, and make it personal to your taste.
Choose a good variety: If achieving an eclectic look like I did, just be sure to mix up all your shapes, patterns and colors that together make a cohesive piece of art on your wall. Nothing too matching, but complimentary to each other.
I stayed within a simple 3-4 color scheme so my plate arrangement didn't get too crazy, and I tried to choose the same values of colors. Nothing too bright as to stick out like a sore thumb.
Choose enough: I had more plates than I ended up using. I was happy to have enough plates to play around with, because as you see below I ended up editing and cutting down the amount of plates I used.
For more about how I created this plate wall, you can see the rest of the post here.. http://www.deniseinbloom.com/plate-arrangement/
This is the final wall finished.
I first gathered plates in a variety of shapes, colors, and patterns.
I traced all the plates onto paper, cut them out, and placed them on the wall. This was a great way to start without hanging plates yet.
Then I started to play around with it.
I moved things around, deleted some of the plates till I got the pleasing display I wanted.

Denise In Bloom

• V Valencia

I absolutely love this...thank you for this post. I recently did a "walls of plates" in my dining room. Here is a picture that inspired me.

creating an eclectic wall plate arrangement, home decor, wall decor
  • Tracey

Very beautiful! Where did you find the aqua flower shaped plate? That one is my favorite.