Upcycled Barnwood-Style Cabinet

A couple years ago while we were living in an apartment, the hubs and I found out that the complex was renovating all of the units, and in doing so were tossing all of the old cabinets into the dumpster. Although the property management company saw these old cabinets as trash, I saw their potential.
No they were not made of the best quality, but at the time I needed something to hold my paint supplies, and I figured a cabinet or two would offer the perfect solution.
Once management gave us the go ahead we raided the dumpster {well more like right next to it} and took home 2 matching cabinets. We later built wood planked tops and barnwood- style doors, and these 2 cabinets now make for the perfect sideboard in our dining room.
You can view the full post over on my blog at the link below
Here are a few of the cabinets that were overflowing the dumpster and even the ground next to it.
Here is one of two cabinets we took home. The paint on the doors was flaking off REALLY bad so I just peeled the rest of it off, even though I knew we would be building new doors. One of the original doors was actually upcycled into a chalkboard/key holder in our kitchen.
The cabinet was given a fresh coat of white epoxy appliance spray paint and the planked top was attached with the nail gun.
We then built the new doors and stained them. You can view the full post over on my blog at the link below

Katie Nathey