An Unexpected Cemetery Found Near Our Home... Eeek!

The day started out with me painting a headboard & footboard, and ended with me searching for a friend's lost dog in our neighborhood. While searching, we came across an old cemetery from the 1800s, on a lot for sale, not too far down the road from our own homes. A little creepy, yes, but oh so interesting.
http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/02/22/a-headboardfootboard-a-little-creepiness/
Just one of the many headstones we found...a baby, only a few months old.
The headboard and footboard I started on in the morning.
The finished headboard and footboard.

Claire @ The Rustic Pig

• Claire @ The Rustic Pig

@Linda Lundberg.. I had no idea there was such a thing!! A friend who has lived here for a long time mentioned that there is a vet whose office is about 30 miles from here who has the same last name. So, I'll probably contact him first and see if he knows about it.

• Linda Lundberg

That is a good idea. He is probably local. We once found an old grave yard while looking at old ghost towns in Nevada. It was very remote. We had taken our 4wd out on some crazy road in the middle of nowhere and there it was all over grown like yours but the stones were still there and readable and someone mentioned to me tat we should have written the names down(this was way before home computers. I still wish that I had done that. Someone out there might be searching for these folks as well. Let me know if you need any help with that. Here is a link to the website. http://www.findagrave.com/