Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

One Simple Fix that Stops Loose Bathroom Towel Bars, Toilet Paper Holders and More

$5

Bathroom towel bars that wiggle.
Toilet paper holders that jiggle.
Door handles that waggle.
These drive me nuts and this past weekend I made a semi-permanent fix that you'll discover to be super easy.
I say semi-permanent because even though the screws are bonded tightly to the bathroom accessories you can still undo them with hand tools.
But, out of curiosity (and prompted by a great
Add Loctite Threadlocker 242 Blue to screws, nuts, and bolts to keep them from coming loose
Does your toilet paper holder jiggle? Add 1-2 drops of 242 to the set screws.
Add a pencil mark in the center of metal support brackets of bathroom accessories to help align the set screw.
Add a piece of duct tape to door handles to help keep them in place when you remove one screw at a time to add the 242 Blue.
Home Repair Tutor

• Kelly S

I'm thinking any kind of window box planter would hold up to the humidity in the bathroom. I like to use the wall color from one room as an accent color in the nearby rooms. The trim paint in the craft room is the same color as the spare bed room.

• Betty

Thanks Tyler for sharing this. So useful!