DIY BACKYARD POND & LANDSCAPE WATER FEATURE

See how I created my backyard water feature for a fraction of the price of hiring a landscaper. I saved thousands of dollars and couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
You can see, in the before photo, the small area that needed attention was surrounded by a walkway and patio.
Moved tubing around to get the right water flow.
Backfilled stone wall for plants.
All finished

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Oh My! Creative

• Brenda Bond
    Brenda Bond

Yes I am interested in trying to create this same water feature in my backyard! How do I set up the water pump and aeration?

• Lyn
    Lyn

I don't have an outlet in that area. Are there any solar pumps strong enough to do this?

• Mariel
    Mariel

Very nice, but can you show us step by step on how you did this beautiful water feature at your backyard. Thanks and will greatly appreciate your immediate response. God bless. Maria

• Thom.72950
    Thom.72950

yes I am inspired, I have a corner just outside my walkout lower level. It is already stone paver and is turning green from the standing water after a rain or something. Can you get a heavy plastic tub or something like that. I was thinking about this and thought I could set the tub in there and then build it up with stones and soil. the water recycles through the tub to the water fall and make it a Koi pond with waterfall and flowers all around, what o you think??

• Deb Hannah-gilliam
      Deb Hannah-gilliam

I have a suggestion, but it may not work depending on the space you are looking to use. I purchased one of the large plastic flower pots from the dollar store and put a pump in it. I gathered a variety of sandstone from around the lake to use around the pot and filled in spaces with smaller potted plants and river gravel. Was an inexpensive fountain/water feature that drew many compliments.

• Thom.72950
    Thom.72950

Yes, I think that would work also and a whole lot cheaper. Thanks for that idea