DIY BACKYARD POND & LANDSCAPE WATER FEATURE

See how I created my backyard water feature for a fraction of the price of hiring a landscaper. I saved thousands of dollars and couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
You can see, in the before photo, the small area that needed attention was surrounded by a walkway and patio.
Moved tubing around to get the right water flow.
Backfilled stone wall for plants.
All finished

Oh My! Creative

• Thom.72950

yes I am inspired, I have a corner just outside my walkout lower level. It is already stone paver and is turning green from the standing water after a rain or something. Can you get a heavy plastic tub or something like that. I was thinking about this and thought I could set the tub in there and then build it up with stones and soil. the water recycles through the tub to the water fall and make it a Koi pond with waterfall and flowers all around, what o you think??

• Deb Hannah-gilliam

I have a suggestion, but it may not work depending on the space you are looking to use. I purchased one of the large plastic flower pots from the dollar store and put a pump in it. I gathered a variety of sandstone from around the lake to use around the pot and filled in spaces with smaller potted plants and river gravel. Was an inexpensive fountain/water feature that drew many compliments.

• Thom.72950

Yes, I think that would work also and a whole lot cheaper. Thanks for that idea