Oh My! Creative
Oh My! Creative
  • Gibsonia, PA

DIY BACKYARD POND & LANDSCAPE WATER FEATURE

See how I created my backyard water feature for a fraction of the price of hiring a landscaper. I saved thousands of dollars and couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
diy backyard pond amp landscape water feature, landscape, outdoor living, patio, ponds water features, See how I created my backyard water feature for a fraction of the price of hiring a landscaper I saved thousands of dollars and couldn t be happier with how it turned out
diy backyard pond amp landscape water feature, landscape, outdoor living, patio, ponds water features, You can see in the before photo the small area that needed attention was surrounded by a walkway and patio
You can see, in the before photo, the small area that needed attention was surrounded by a walkway and patio.
diy backyard pond amp landscape water feature, landscape, outdoor living, patio, ponds water features
diy backyard pond amp landscape water feature, landscape, outdoor living, patio, ponds water features, Moved tubing around to get the right water flow
Moved tubing around to get the right water flow.
Backfilled stone wall for plants.
diy backyard pond amp landscape water feature, landscape, outdoor living, patio, ponds water features, All Finished
All finished
Oh My! Creative

• Nancy carter

what was the cost of this waterfall

• Fan5230452

How do you recover the water dropped in?

• Fan5230452

Nice! But how do you recover the water dropped in?

• Vicky

did you use a preformed plastic pond for this? it is beautiful

• Jp45

She did. Go to the "See More" for instructions and it shows you there that she used one.

• Swe12859836

For my pond I purchased a black plastic container , Used for mixing cement , very reasonable price, strong. Sells at Sears or Home Depot.

• Karen

How do you keep your water clean ? Mine has started to go tea coloured !

• Kac7655362

I had the same problem and I had contacted a pond company for an answer. I was told because of where I live and we have racoons that they like to use water as their toilet that I needed to drain a 1/4 of the water and put in new water once a week for four weeks that it should take care of problem. I did and it cleared up. Soon after I also realized that debris such as twigs and leaves were staying in my pond because of rain storms blowing through for several weeks that it also turned a tea color. Good luck

• Karen

Thank you for your reply I'm giving a barley straw ball a go to see if it will keep the colour and algae on my pebbles down ........ K

• Sarah

There are algae removers you can use that won't hurt fish, animals , or plants. Also you can get a water dye that reduces the problem by reducing the amount of sun light that gets into your pond. This is a major problem for mine as it gets full sun all day. Cleaning all the junk (leaves, sticks...)out and changing 10% of your water once a month helps as well. Pond snails and fish that love to eat the stuff are great.

• Pam Lorenzo Smith

You can buy algae inhibitors at aquareum/pet stores and on line.
  • Kitty Adams Stinson

Can you go into detail on how you done this project? You just show the before and after photos. Nothing in between.

• Thom.72950

yes I am inspired, I have a corner just outside my walkout lower level. It is already stone paver and is turning green from the standing water after a rain or something. Can you get a heavy plastic tub or something like that. I was thinking about this and thought I could set the tub in there and then build it up with stones and soil. the water recycles through the tub to the water fall and make it a Koi pond with waterfall and flowers all around, what o you think??

• Deb Hannah-gilliam

I have a suggestion, but it may not work depending on the space you are looking to use. I purchased one of the large plastic flower pots from the dollar store and put a pump in it. I gathered a variety of sandstone from around the lake to use around the pot and filled in spaces with smaller potted plants and river gravel. Was an inexpensive fountain/water feature that drew many compliments.

• Thom.72950

Yes, I think that would work also and a whole lot cheaper. Thanks for that idea