DIY Scarf or Tie Hanger

Scarves and ties can pile up on the floor and become an unnecessary source of mess. I used shower curtain rings, a hanger, twine, and hot glue to make this scarf or tie hanger to help keep my scarves organized.
Materials:
-Shower curtain rings
-Hanger
-Twine
-Hot glue
Wrap the "bumpy' part of the shower curtain ring in twine. Put a dab of hot glue at each end of the twine to secure to the shower curtain ring. (You can wrap the whole thing at once, but I found wrapping in sections to be easier.)
Put another dab of hot glue for the beginning of the second piece of twine. This piece should be significantly longer than the other piece. Wrap the remainder of the ring and hot glue the end.
Optional step: Wrap the bottom of the hanger in twine using the same method as above. I did this so the look of the black twine would be consistent throughout.
Use hot glue to glue the first row of shower curtain rings onto the hanger. The rings will feel a little unstable, but we'll fix that in the following steps. I used a 6, 5, 4 pyramid-type pattern, but you could vary the amount of rings according to your needs.
Continue gluing new rings onto the previous row of rings. Then take a 12" length of twine, glue the end, wrap it around the place where the shower curtain rings meet, and glue the other end. This will give some security and structure to your hanger.
Use this to hang scarves, ties, or other light items and keep your floor clutter-free.
A simpler version can also be made by choosing not to wrap the rings and attaching them with one tied piece of twine.
For a more detailed tutorial, visit http://www.destinationdecoration.com/diy-scarf-or-tie-hanger/

Elizabeth Fischer

• Barbara

Could you use this to hand your belts also

• Wendy Mason-Cruz

I have to agree that I'd have to make it more secure! I don't see glue holding up for any period of time! Zip Ties are a great idea!!!!

• Sharon

Great idea. You could also use small zip ties to attach them?

• Tammy

Lover this I have bought scarf hangers but they are gettting expensive with all. My scarfs with heavy winter ones and thin silk and loner fuller ones I have about 75 so this is a great idea to save money and still take great care of them all

• Kay Marion-Etling

I have the circles on the hanger and keep sliding down. This is a wonderful idea.