DIY Scarf or Tie Hanger

Scarves and ties can pile up on the floor and become an unnecessary source of mess. I used shower curtain rings, a hanger, twine, and hot glue to make this scarf or tie hanger to help keep my scarves organized.
Materials:
-Shower curtain rings
-Hanger
-Twine
-Hot glue
Wrap the "bumpy' part of the shower curtain ring in twine. Put a dab of hot glue at each end of the twine to secure to the shower curtain ring. (You can wrap the whole thing at once, but I found wrapping in sections to be easier.)
Put another dab of hot glue for the beginning of the second piece of twine. This piece should be significantly longer than the other piece. Wrap the remainder of the ring and hot glue the end.
Optional step: Wrap the bottom of the hanger in twine using the same method as above. I did this so the look of the black twine would be consistent throughout.
Use hot glue to glue the first row of shower curtain rings onto the hanger. The rings will feel a little unstable, but we'll fix that in the following steps. I used a 6, 5, 4 pyramid-type pattern, but you could vary the amount of rings according to your needs.
Continue gluing new rings onto the previous row of rings. Then take a 12" length of twine, glue the end, wrap it around the place where the shower curtain rings meet, and glue the other end. This will give some security and structure to your hanger.
Use this to hang scarves, ties, or other light items and keep your floor clutter-free.
A simpler version can also be made by choosing not to wrap the rings and attaching them with one tied piece of twine.
For a more detailed tutorial, visit http://www.destinationdecoration.com/diy-scarf-or-tie-hanger/

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Elizabeth Fischer

• Kay Marion-Etling
    Kay Marion-Etling

I have the circles on the hanger and keep sliding down. This is a wonderful idea.

• Tawny Kennedy Bohannon
      Tawny Kennedy Bohannon

Velcro will keep that from happening, one long strip all the way across Your hanger and after you add your rings put the other one on top ! I also have used this same method for belts And necklaces or I zip tie each of the first rings on the hanger then just loop the next rings into the ones that are zip tied and let them be loose . I make a lot of those necklace hangers for my clients to hang there good jewelry on to hide in the closest so no one that comes to visit tangles them up ! I use a white round plastic hanger , white zip ties and white shower curtain hooks that fit into the grove on the other end of the hook ,just for security reasons ! Then I cut the zip ties down to the square end the zip ties goes into to keep the zip tie ends from scratching your arms and if you cannot get them close enough use nail clippers and finger nail file ! Then I put a coordinating bow on top of hanger ! Real inexpensive gift even senior girls going off to College! Good luck. You can use these for neck ties , belts , scarves and tank tops !

• Connie Dexter Spicer
    Connie Dexter Spicer

Another similar idea... Use a collection of tape dispenser center circles. The holes are a little smaller. The circles thicker and, perhaps a bit more stable. I collected mine off of the many tape dispensers from work, asking coworkers if they would drop me an email when they finish a roll and I pick them up.