DIY Frappuccino Bottle Crate

About a year ago, my wife asked me to make crates to hold Frappuccino bottles. She wanted to fill the bottles with treats (candy, hot chocolate, etc . . .) and give the crates of Frappuccino bottles as gifts to family and coworkers.
My wife and I filled the bottles with pumpkin spice latte mix, pumpkin chips, candy corn, and dry roasted peanuts. However, the possibilities are limitless. You could put hot chocolate, coffee, marshmallows, or any kind of candy in the bottles. As long as the items will fit and are non-perishable, it will work. Use your imagination!
To make the crate I used 1/2 in craft board (1/2 in x 6 in, 1/2 in x 4 in, and
1/2 in x 2 in). I used a nail gun with brad nails to attach everything together.
I trimmed 1/2 in off the bottom of the middle piece (1/2 in x 4 in) so it would match the height of the rest of the crate
To prepare the Frappuccino bottles I removed the labels, spray painted the bottle tops, and added chalk labels.
These crates make a perfect fall gift for teachers, neighbors, friends, family, coworkers, or even yourself! With a few modifications, the crates could be Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine’s Day, or birthday themed. Simply choose different colors for the bottle caps and different treats for the bottles to make the crates great gifts for many different occasions.
See the complete plans on my blog by following the link below.

Erik Bennett

• Becky Vaughn

I made something similar and put holes in top for cute salt and peppers but I love your idea better. Since I cute sugar out of my diet I am low on bottles. I also put different color buttons in mine in sewing room

• Linda Abate

What an awesome idea. I can see this being used outside on a picnic table for condiments or for holding silverware, etc. This would make an awesome hostess gift.