Inexpensive Storage Ideas To Make The Most Of A Kitchen Sink Cabinet

I don't know about you but I think the storage in the cabinet under the kitchen sink is a dysfunctional and frustrating space to organize. The cabinet is a fairly large area with lots of storage potential. But the necessary plumbing needed for the kitchen sink and the dishwasher take up a lot of the cabinet. To further add to the issue the plumbing pipes don't nicely tuck away in the back. Instead the elbow joints and different pipes jut out and make the space awkward and uneven.
To add to my frustration I have a pretty small kitchen sink cabinet. As you can see I don't have a lot to work with. So what I decided to do was get creative and look for inexpensive storage containers to make the most of the space that I do have.
I bought two sets of plastic 2-drawer units. I labeled each drawer. I also found it helpful to take items out of the packaging they came in when they were purchased. For example the dishwasher tablets are now stored in one of the drawers. I love how convenient they are to access.
Another thing I did was take the scouring pads out of the packaging. They are not always needed but they are handy to have nearby. But scouring pads can be messy when they are dry and when they are wet. So I stored the dry ones in pairs in plastic sandwich bags to avoid getting the powder they can leave from getting all over the drawer. I also placed a small plastic storage container at the front to hold the wet ones after they have been used.
Next to the drawer units is just enough space for a tall plastic container to hold all of the cleaning tools that are handy to have near the sink.
On top of the drawer units I placed a plastic rectangular tray style basket. Actually if you look carefully I stacked two on top of each other to make the storage tray more sturdy. This is where I store the cleaners.
This how I am able to make the most use of the storage space that I have under the sink. For those of you who have a much larger kitchen sink cabinet I am bit jealous of the storage potential that you have using these inexpensive ideas.
All of the storage containers were inexpensively bought at Walmart and the dollar store. It was also a quick job to organize everything.
You cannot see it in the photograph but I also store the extra bottles of dish detergent and the dishwasher tablets hidden in the back. Every space in the cabinet is used to its potential without interfering with the necessary plumbing.
For more details and photographs I invite you to visit the blog!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Time With Thea

• Dkny
    Dkny

Very nice and organized. Do you have any children living at home or any that come to visit? Under the sink or any lower cabinet is the worst place for storing toxic cleansers, pods, etc. They can fit just as well in an upper cabinet and under the sink is a great place for plastic containers or even canned goods or pots. One minute of not supervising a child can turn into a tragedy G'd forbid.

• Dkny
      Dkny

Cabinet locks are good if everyone remembers to lock them. Kids are really curious and some of the supplies, especially the pods are very attractive. An ounce of prevention is worth.....

• Baeb
    Baeb

Where do you put your pots and pans

• Ilene
    Ilene

I haven’t been able to find narrow drawers like you used. Went to your link. Amazon has a ton of drawers but didn’t see the same one as yours. Which did you purchase? Thank you!

• Ilene
    Ilene

My plumbing is in the middle too. Yet, I currently have an open front bin on either side and a holder in the middle for things I don't need often; have to reach around the mullion, which is really annoying. If I could find narrow bins like you used I could make your idea work. I'm on the hunt. Figure Hold everything is my best bet. Happy Holidays!

• Natara-Cam
    Natara-Cam

I have a lot more than sponges to store...