DIY Beaded Pendant

I had the awesome opportunity to participate in this year's One of the thrifted items I received were two hanging chalkboard stars. The way they were packaged, I actually thought they were a container. So my wheels started turning for an Anthro knock off but for fun, I decided to use the chalkboard star "container" as a bead.
I pulled the stickers and curved piece holding the rope for hanging off and pressed them together. I then used a metal-safe drill bit and drilled a large enough hole for my lamp cord to pass through.
The cool part are the beads. I grabbed a couple of thick dowel rods from the home improvement store and cut them down to "large bead size" and drilled holes through the center. For interest I stained them in leftover stain colors.
Then it was just a simple matter of attaching all of the electrical pieces! I hung mine from a simple hook. And yes, that's an awkward plug halfway up the wall. Our house is a bit quirky! Now I've got this really fun ambient lighting for our hallways that's both funky and functional.
Our 3 year old appreciates the light when he has to wake to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and I appreciate having my own Anthro knock off lamp!
For more details, products, and links to loads for projects, check out my blog through the link below :D

Corinna Henderson

• Robin D

there are kits that could be used to make this that enable you to add a shade :) just have to find the right shade LOL that could be a task all on its own. :)

• Jessica Cossin

I have boxes & boxes of unfinished/natural beads in several different shapes... this would be great a project for them!!