Tracy Downing
Tracy Downing
  • Canada

From Dump to Divine With Unicorn SPiT

I saved this table from the landfill and I am so glad I did! It's GORGEOUS now! And so easy to do!
from dump to divine with unicorn spit, painted furniture
Before
Before
First I sanded it down to bare wood with my orbital sander.
Then used Unicorn SPiT Gel Stain to create this! I used four different colours on this piece; purple, green, blue, and teal.
After
After
So awesome and so easy to use! Unicorn SPiT is a water based, non toxic (yay!) wood stain that you literally can use with your bare hands! And that's what I did! I placed the stain on the table with the syringes sold by Unicorn SPiT and smeared it across the table with my hand, back and forth.
There are awesome step by step tutorials at www.unicornspit.com, where you can also buy the product. This is just one of many techniques that can be used to create awesome effects!
from dump to divine with unicorn spit, painted furniture, Look at the wood grain pop through
Look at the wood grain pop through!
I finished the table off with 5 coats of Minwax water based polyurethane to get the super glossy finish. The base of the table is traditional Minwax wood stain in Dark Walnut.

• Kelly

Yessss

• Gemini Gem

I'd like to try it in burgundy and gold but afraid to...my coffee table desperately needs it from Goidwill for $5 but its all real wood