From Dump to Divine With Unicorn SPiT

I saved this table from the landfill and I am so glad I did! It's GORGEOUS now! And so easy to do!
Before
First I sanded it down to bare wood with my orbital sander.
Then used Unicorn SPiT Gel Stain to create this! I used four different colours on this piece; purple, green, blue, and teal.
After
So awesome and so easy to use! Unicorn SPiT is a water based, non toxic (yay!) wood stain that you literally can use with your bare hands! And that's what I did! I placed the stain on the table with the syringes sold by Unicorn SPiT and smeared it across the table with my hand, back and forth.
There are awesome step by step tutorials at www.unicornspit.com, where you can also buy the product. This is just one of many techniques that can be used to create awesome effects!
Look at the wood grain pop through!
I finished the table off with 5 coats of Minwax water based polyurethane to get the super glossy finish. The base of the table is traditional Minwax wood stain in Dark Walnut.

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"

• Jessica Ann
    Jessica Ann

I use this stuff all the time and I absolutely am in LOBE with it!!!!

• Stuart
    Stuart

How did you get it so smooth? Did you have to sand and buff?

• Kristin
    Kristin

I am new to the business of repurpose furniture. I will be trying this today and tomorrow. Any tips or tricks you could pass on? Beautiful piece btw.