Make A Stone Birdhouse

$10-20
1-2 Hour

These stone birdhouses are a wonderful addition to any garden and they are easy to make. Please consider this as a starting point for your imagination. There are so many possibilities! http://www.empressofdirt.net/how-to-make-a-stone-birdhouse/
I've got full detailed instructions on my blog with recommended materials but here's the basics:
Materials: Birdhouse base, small stones (I buy bags of them at the dollar store), funnel for roof, silicone sealant to attach the stones, wood sealer.
Steps:
1. Start with a base. Here I used an unfinished birdhouse but you can also use a wide piece of PVC pipe, a jug, teapot...Anything with a the right shape.
2. If you're using a wooden birdhouse, first treat it with a wood sealant so it will last outdoors for many years.
3. Attach the stones using an outdoor silicone sealant (pick one that dries clear). Work from the bottom up so each row of stones rests on the ones below.
4. Add your roof and you're done!
More ideas: add a wee door; window boxes-create a whole fairy garden scene-; make the roof from moss or tiny cedar pieces or a folded licence plate...
I hope you'll share your ideas in the comments. Have fun!
PS: These birdhouses are intended as decorations only. See my blog for information on safe nesting boxes.
Turn an unfinished birdhouse into something wonderful. Here we used different colours of stones and funnels on top.
You could also make a stone birdhouse using a piece of wide PVC pipe or a jug as the base. Use what you have and make it unique! See my blog for a full material list, instructions, and more ideas.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa