Bathroom Cabinets Makeover With Chalk Paint!

$0-40
1 Day

My bathroom cabinets used to be shiny white, MDF made and ...boring!
I thought that a shabby chic style would be great but still had a lot of doubts of how easy the project could be working with that base... I finally took my chances and ...voila!
Before and After the chalk paint makeover!
I did not want to lose a lot of time sanding and primering. So I decided to start with a very light sanding and check how it goes. I did'nt even took the cabinets off..
bathroom cabinets makeover with chalk paint, bathroom ideas, chalk paint, painting
Step 1:  light sanding was enough
Step 1: light sanding was enough
I started painting the cabinets using 2 coats of "Old White" . When dry, I put some extra layers on places to give texture
Putting some more paint for texture
Putting some more paint for texture
I thought that light blue was a good choice. I used 'dry brush' to create a feeling of old bleached wood
then dry brushing in light blue
then dry brushing in light blue
I realized that it need a stronger contrast so I hand painted the moldings and details of the cabinets with a deeper tone of turqoise blue
Deep blue in the moldings added contrast
To emphasize the small shelves I painted the wall behind them with a mix of purple white and blue, creating a sense of 'mist'. I then sealed the whole project with neutral wax.
The shelves were almost invisible before
nstead of conventional knobs, made handles of transparent beads and leather cord
My handmade handles...
My handmade handles...
Finally, I added my favorite clay objects, brought from Portugal lots of years ago
The final touch!
The final touch!
That's all for my new weekend project!
Any comments / questions are very welcome!