Bathroom Cabinets Makeover With Chalk Paint!

1K Views
My bathroom cabinets used to be shiny white, MDF made and ...boring!
I thought that a shabby chic style would be great but still had a lot of doubts of how easy the project could be working with that base... I finally took my chances and ...voila!
Time: 1 DaysCost: $0-40Difficulty: Medium
I did not want to lose a lot of time sanding and primering. So I decided to start with a very light sanding and check how it goes. I did'nt even took the cabinets off..
  • bathroom cabinets makeover with chalk paint, bathroom ideas, chalk paint, painting
I started painting the cabinets using 2 coats of "Old White" . When dry, I put some extra layers on places to give texture
I thought that light blue was a good choice. I used 'dry brush' to create a feeling of old bleached wood
I realized that it need a stronger contrast so I hand painted the moldings and details of the cabinets with a deeper tone of turqoise blue
To emphasize the small shelves I painted the wall behind them with a mix of purple white and blue, creating a sense of 'mist'. I then sealed the whole project with neutral wax.
nstead of conventional knobs, made handles of transparent beads and leather cord
Finally, I added my favorite clay objects, brought from Portugal lots of years ago
That's all for my new weekend project!
Any comments / questions are very welcome!

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question