Pine Cone Wreath

Wanted to make a pine cone wreath but I needed a base so I decided to use hose from an old vacuum cleaner. I like shopping in the woods around my home for craft supplies and that is were I got the pine cones.
pine cone wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
I cut hose into and hot glued it together to make base large enough.
Need to cut pine cones down, tried garden clippers but they weren't strong enough so I used branch trimmers and they worked great.
I cut and hot glued cones all around, then I trimmed down smaller unopened cones to fill in gaps. I also made a wire hanger for the back using a wire coat hanger and hot glued it to the back.
I used spray paint over entire wreath. Paint was a bright sea foam color but the pine cones soaked the paint up causing color change. It was a nice surprise because I like the new grayish color.
I then spray painted sweet gum balls a bright glossy red but once again the color changed. Hot glued them on and was finished. I may add a bow later.