DIY Metal Inspired Autumn Wreath

Follow along to learn how to make a beautiful "metal inspired" autumn wreath using craft supplies you probably already have on hand!!
The metal leaf pictured above was my inspiration for this craft -- it's not necessary for this project, but it's too cool not to share! ;)
First thing I did was paint up a bunch of those orange and bright yellow synthetic leaves that you can purchase everywhere -- even the drug store sells them -- using Delta Gleams craft paint in Pale Yellow and Copper. I also sprayed up another batch of leaves with some gold spray paint I found out in the garage.
Then just randomly attach the leaves to a grapevine wreath with a hot glue gun -- simplest craft project ever! With the addition of a burlap ribbon, my metal leaf wreath was ready to hang. FYI: I never pay retail prices for wreaths --- I've yet to visit a garage or estate sale that doesn't have a stack of wreaths for sale!
I was so pleased with how my wreath turned out, I decided to make a three more.
Besides not having to purchase a single thing for this project, a simple leaf wreath can be displayed in your home from September through Thanksgiving without making you look lazy! Please feel free to check out my blog post for more detailed instructions and pictures! :D
Cynthia - Clockworkinteriors

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 9 comments
Next