I SPiT All Over This Pallet Furniture! Unicorn SPiT ! #SPiTchallenge

Giving it a go! Building furniture from recycled pallet wood! It was amazing, but I though I could "bump it up a notch" and set our work apart from the others! Using UNICORN SPiT, I stained this OOAK set to give it a "beachy" feel!
My husbands first attempt at building pallet wood furniture began with an idea in my head, that he was able to bring to life in his garage. Original designs gave us an edge, but I wanted MORE...more originality, more color, more interest in our work!
We decided to pair the chairs with an ottoman and accent table, creating a set like no other.
I wanted this to STAND OUT at our upcoming show, knowing there would be other artists creating from pallet wood, SO......I broke out my SPiT! First , a wash of WHITE NING, letting it dry before highlighting the grain with ZIA TEAL AND BLUE THUNDER...just enough..... The colors were applied with a damp cloth, thereby blending better, without having one color stand above the others.
I used the accent colors ,and sort of followed the grain on each pallet board.
A second "wash" of WHITE NING was applied to better blend, and give the wood a well deserved "BEACH THEME" color pallet....{pun intended} ...pallet...haha, get it?
Different grains will "pick up" the colors, and our table and little ottoman actually came out just a bit darker than the chairs. HOWEVER.....c'mon....that just gives this set even more personality! Everything blended so well!!
The set was sealed first with tung oil, helping to make it moisture "resistant", then after a light sanding, polyurethane was applied...and applied, and applied, and...yep, you guessed it, applied again, {yes, I sanded between each coat of poly}
The effort was so worth the results!! We created a one of a kind, amazing patio set from pallet wood and Unicorn SPiT colored wood stain!!
Our set was front and center at the Vintage Revival in Melbourne, FL. The beach colors were a big hit! and the smooth , shiny finish peaked everyone's curiosity. If I had a nickel for every person that felt compelled to touch them, I would retire!! haha! ...well, probably not, it's just too amazing to be able to create uniqueness!!!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/DvineDsigns27?ref=hl

• Gail

where do i find the plans for these chairs? love them!

• ZENGARA Designs

@Gail Thank you but the plans for these are in my husbands head !!! ...they are honestly his original creations . !!!

• Jay

Hi! First it's amazing! Great job you both did! I love the color! You state that 1st you sealed it with tongue oil, but stained it & then multiple coats of polyurethane. Do you actually clean it all first (what do you use beside sanding please) then Tung Oil it, then Stain, then Poly; in that order? I'm a novice, but I can't figure out how the stain adheres well or soaks in if it already has tongue oil on it. Maybe because I have some old Teak outdoor pieces & the Teak Oil makes water bead up on it. I wouldn't say 100% waterproof, but works well for the warm months then gets put away in the Winter. Help! Thank you:-)

• Marrianne Rudy

Do you think you could get that awesome husband of yours to write the plans for the chairs on paper and share it with all of us?? I can get loads of free pallets, and would love to make these for my new patio! Thanks so much!

• Pj Breese

I would like to try this,but need the plans for the table and especially the chairs.

• Pauleen

a reader above asked for the plans - yes, me too. These are just what we are looking for for our front deck! thank you!