Jewelry Box Turned Into a Recipe Box & How to Paint Upholstered Fabric

$5

I partnered up with 40 bloggers for Thrift Store Edition. So what is this all about? We all head out to our local thrift store with $10 in hand and find some unique items. Then we ship them off to another blogger who will turn them into something amazing! Sounds fun right?!
So follow along as a show you how to take a dated jewelry box and turn it into an update recipe card box with free printable recipe cards and dividers.
So who was my partner?! What did she send me?! My partner was Karen from Dragonflies and Lilypads and she sent me an awesome box full of goodies. Everything from nesting pumpkins to ribbon and frames and this fun upholstered jewelry box.
The jewelry box is fabric which threw me a little bit for a loop. I knew I wanted to cover the dated pattern but wasn't exactly sure how. I did a little research on how to turen latex paint into fabric paint. I ended up using DecoArt's Americana Fabric Medium.
All you have to do is combine the paint and the fabric medium together at a 2:1 ratio and mix well and you've turned your normal latex paint into fabric paint.
Overall I am really excited with how this project came out. It is definitely something that I am going to use weekly if not daily. I am always in the kitchen cooking or baking up something.
Make sure you stop by the blog for full instructions and also free recipe cards and recipe dividers.

Weekend Craft