Transform Old Sewing Table Side Panel Into Unique, Functional Storage

Last spring a friend gave me a a sewing table he had stored away in his shed for ages. It was his mother's and he wanted someone to try and salvage it, rather than just throw it in the trash. The problem though was that the table was literally in pieces-like he brought it to me with all the various pieces piled in a large box!
A little overwhelmed by a box full of table parts, I let it sit for awhile while I waited on inspiration. After I finally got the nerve to dig through the box, I decided the only real parts that were salvageable were the side panels of the table.
Sewing Table Panel destined for the trash!
The veneer had pulled all of, but I loved the weathered wood panel at the top and the great carved legs. Surely I could do something with these two panels! Inspiration struck when I decided to use a little Fusion Mineral Paint and Fusion Transfer Gel to dress up the wooden panel.
It's such an easy process! Just paint the Gel onto your image, press down to the surface, wait overnight to dry, then wet the paper and rub off the excess paper remnants. What you have left is the image printed onto your surface.
I added a few screw in cup hooks after I finished with the image transfer, and decided to use this little panel as a place to hang my garden tools. You could also hang it in the entryway though and use it as a place to hang keys.
You can customize this anyway you want by just changing up the base paint color and image. So a lesson learned--never throw away a great old piece of wood! Read more on my blog about the process, and see more info about Fusion Mineral Paint and Fusion Transfer Gel.

Lost & Found

• Lost & Found

The bird transfer is an image from TheGraphicsFairy.com

• Mamabhuff

GORGEOUSSSSS. LOVE IT AND WILL VISIT THE GRAPHICS FAIRY SOON.

• Lost & Found

@Mamabhuff You may find yourself spending hours on her website . . . She has so many fantastic ideas there!