SweetPea Paula
SweetPea Paula
  • Lynchburg, VA

Pierce Wood Candle Holders for Halloween

As the years go by I enjoy adding to my Halloween decor. After I decorated my kitchen table, I was inspired to make candle holders to add a glow to the table at night. My pierced wood candle holders make light patterns on my table that are pretty and they subtlety light my spooky centerpiece.
pierce wood candle holders for halloween, crafts, halloween decorations, seasonal holiday decor
Once I came up with the dimensions for my pierced wood candle holders, they weren't difficult to make. After I made them, I painted them black and waxed them with liquid wax. It looks like the interior of the box is painted gold but in reality it is black. Aren't the light patterns on my chevron runner pretty!
Here you can see the pieces of the box after they'd been cut out and holes added with the drill press and forstener bits.
Lots of clamps keep the box square as it dries.
Here are my boxes on the kitchen table. I'll be able to use these year round for decor.

SweetPea Paula

1 comment