Repurposed Jewelry Organizer - Made From an Old Window & Shelf

$0

I took a window frame that had no glass and a broken wooden country shelf thingy - you know the kind, front he 1990's and took it a part and cut it down. I married the two together using my nail gun and a few screws. It took all of 20 minutes. Then, it sat...for 2 months. In my room, starting at me day in and day out. Long for me to finish it. Taunting me. organizer
repurposed jewelry organizer made from an old window shelf, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Next I tried to install the wire mesh but had some pain so hubs had to help & this time he actually was okay with it because he could tell that I was in pain and didn't want me to get hurt with the mesh. It simply gets stapled on the back-side and then cut to size. Please make sure that you use gloves for safety as the edges are very sharp. Especially when you are cutting it. He started out with wire snips but as he got going, he ended up just using regular scissors because of the length of the sheers - it went a lot faster. This entire project, including paint dry time, took about an hour and a half. The only cost we incurred was approx. $8.00 for the roll of mesh that we had to purchase. We didn't even use 1/4 of the roll.
The top basket holds watches. Even though it doesn't match, I won't change it since it is a Longaberger basket and is part of a breast cancer awareness series and is over 15 years old. Then the bracelets are on the top hooks. The dangle earrings loop easily onto the mesh. The shelves can be used for anything. Perfume is shown and I actually added my ring holder. I will be using the bottom shelf for the stud earrings and then the bottom hooks have all of my necklaces. I sorted everything by color so that I can easily access all of the jewelry in the morning while dressing for work and keep them neat and organized.
Well, I hope this project inspires you to be creative and to look at "junk" in a whole new way! You can see this post in its entirety on my blog page Renovar Design - A Wife, a Husband and a Hammer! Thank you for visiting!

Renovar Design - A Wife, A Husband & A Hammer

• LINA

OF MY VERY FAVORITE. IT'S BIG AND I HAVE SO MUCH. THERE'S ROOM TO PLAY WITH THIS. THANK YOU MANY TIMES OVER

• Carolina

wow, I am going to make one. Love the idea. thanks!