New Crackle Finish Is Fine!

3.5 Hours

So here goes my first post on Hometalk. I'm loving this site and hope that I can share valuable information to you followers cause I'm sure seeing some good info on here.
Maison Blanche has a new paint product out called "Le Craque" which is a crackle medium for their La Craie paints. Really? Le Craque? LOL. Yep and I have to say I was pleased with its performance. What I like about it is the one step process of simply brushing it on top of the chalk paint. It drys fairly quickly and then you simply add another coat of paint on top in a different color so that the cracks will show. This product delivers more of a fine delicate crackle.
For my project, I chose a table that would look great in a beach house or on a screen porch. All I had to do was sand it to a smooth finish and start my project. When I turned the table upside down I realized this little beauty was made in Hickory, North Carolina. I'm just crazy about finding furniture made in North Carolina that has the original label. Below you'll see the before and afters. I apologize for not having a picture of the first coat of paint with the crackle on top-camera battery dead, got sidetracked and forgot to snap.
After sanding, I painted the table all over with La Craie Confederate Gray, let completely dry, painted on a thin coat of Maison Blanche's Le Craque, let that completely dry, painted on a coat of La Craie's Creme De Menthe, let dry, stenciled with Chicory Spice, let dry and sanded back a little, wet distressed to let gray undercoat show through, then clear waxed. What do you think? Project took about 3.5 hours including drying time.
Before
After
Close up of Le Craque

Emily Biggs

• Geri Lenigan

loved this table! You did a great job on it. I love the cottage look. I'm just starting to give old furniture new looks. Can you tell me where you get your decals? Look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Elaine Simmons

Emily has not had a chance to comment on where she got her labels but I can tell you an excellent source is "The Graphics Fairy". She has lots of free ones and a lot of French ones like this.