How to Make Beachy Twine Covered Shower Curtain Hooks

$5

This is a how-to project where I took round decorative store bought shower hooks and wrapped them in natural twine for a beachy decor look!
how to make beachy twine covered shower curtain rings, bathroom ideas, crafts, home decor, how to, small bathroom ideas
Every common area of our home is decorated with beach decor as well. Lake Michigan being about 20 minutes away is a place that I go to find peace and solitude. When I have a bad day or need to just think I will sometimes just go and to the beach and go for a walk. What is nice is that there are so many places to chose from. I can go to a beach with large rocks, or with a pier or sand or gravel or te dunes. So with just just a simple 20 minute drive I can go to many different types of beaches and any which way to fit my mood or my outfit.
Well, now onto how I took these plain ole ugly shower curtain hooks and transformed them into something a little beachy'er by simply covering them in twine!
First I took them and sanded them to rough the surface up.
Then applied the glue. I chose a product called quick grip. The reason is that it is permanent adhesive but it is also clear and water proof which is perfect for the bathroom.
After applying the glue, I took twine and started at the top wrapping it around. Stopping about halfway.
Once that sat for about a minute, I continued to the end, again leaving it open to sit for about a minute.
Then I applied the glue at the end and continued to wrap around and held it in place with my scissors for about 30 seconds so that it was secured in place.
I left the end there. I let them dry for about 15 minutes each.
Once they were dry, I trimmed the end piece off and the stray strings off.
I did it 11 more times, which took about 2 hours in total and it brought another pretty beach decor element into my home. y Someone asked where I got the fabric starfish shower curtain from. Here's a link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8DFQ1Y/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00D8DFQ1Y&linkCode=as2&tag=renodesi-20&linkId=XUAHXZ3EUHBO75YG
Renovar Design - A Wife, A Husband & A Hammer