3po3
3po3
Asked on Dec 1, 2011

OK, Hometalk poll of the day. I just came across this article:

3po3Anna KPatsy W
+8

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/road-hogs/8252/
Would you put pig poop asphalt shingles on your roof?
  • Well its not really poop but bio-oil products. Then when you think about it....all the water on the planet has likely passed through an animal already, right? If this works and can cut our dependency on oil and reduce farm waste (which is a serious issue), definitely yes!

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

It sounds like they are just speeding up the process for how our petroleum formed anyway. Swine is a many splendoured thing. CP

• 3po3

Gotta agree with both you guys. Good times.

• KMS Woodworks

bio-gas to the rescue

• I guess pigs really do fly other then Pink Floyd concerts.

• I probably would after they did a few houses with them and gave them a few years of use to check out how they last over the long run with the elements and other things such as curling and wear with the elements. Otherwise it sound like it could turn out to be a stinky situation ! lol

• KMS Woodworks

Animals is still a great album...us old farts still know good music.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

You got that right; Eric Burden had soul.

• Patsy W

OK Stevie, may I call you Stevie? What kind of web-search were you doing to find a pig-poop-roof, just sayin...LOL!

• Anna K

Awesome! that's what i call a green roof. it should reduce the gasses to the ozone, reduce chemical fertilizer use, and encourage the making of more bacon... mmmm bacon. I will sign up for a pig poo roof (not human though...at least don't tell me about it...)

• 3po3

Soylent roof is people, it's people. And Patsy, I was catching up on a year-old Atlantic magazine I never got around to reading yet. And you can call me whatever you want. Just don't call me late for dinner.